Friday, May 8, 2009

And now…German!

"Das ist falsche nummer. Ich bin nicht sandy."

"Danke" was my reply.

Proof that we are totally living in a global world and apparently I need to learn German now as well.

This all started yesterday, when my youngest daughter stayed home from school. It's finally getting warm here in Switzerland. While all of my daughter's symptoms seem to be those of a normal seasonal cold, no one wants to take chances these days with a growing epidemic of swine flu.

I should have called her teacher to say she wouldn't be in class, and her teachers would have certainly welcomed it. However, I know I wouldn't want someone calling me up at 6 am. So I texted one of her teachers and apparently I got the wrong number! Thankfully, I texted the other teacher as well so everything turned out fine.

"Das ist falsche nummer…" I'll have to remember how to say this. I get a lot of wrong numbers on my cell phone in both French and German. Up until this point, I've been able to reply with confidence in French and well, the other callers can at least understand me in English. One day, maybe, I can catch up to me kids with all of these languages. Then again, exactly whom am I kidding?

No comments:

Post a Comment