Monday, May 8, 2006

Because we like Castles


Yes, I can complain about living in France, but I do love the spring time because then I can get out of the house. Because today was a holiday - these days I lose track - my husband and I hopped in the car with the kids in search of a castle. My daughter Chloe adores everything about them and is often disappointed when there aren't any moats. But Chantilly didn't disappoint and she loved it. Leave it to Jillian to become fasinated with the ducks and fish in the pond found by the entrance. Although I have to admit, they have some of the largest fish I've ever seen. They looked like catfish and they were wrestling with the ducks for bread! We went through every room and took a few tours. It was great fun and we didn't even have to travel that far. Let's see, we've already been to Versailles as well so we'll have to check out book to see how many more we can check off before September comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment