Friday, September 2, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

I'm sitting here this morning watching the news come in about Hurricane Katrina. At night I catch the news late night with Brian Williams on NBC so I can get a more local perspective.

I am so overwhelmed with emotion, I am just speechless. I feel so helpless watching mothers with children and babies, the elderly and poor having nowhere to go. I wish I was back home. I know that I could only do so much if I were there, but the need to do something is so real. I've donated money already, and I am constantly looking for other things to do, but I just don't feel like it's enough.

My heart and prayers go out to everyone suffering in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. To my knowledge, all my relatives in these areas are safe. However, I am forever conscious of the fact that ALL of those people - no matter their race, religion, age - are my family, too. I'll continue to find more ways to help, but in the meantime, join me in donating at www.redcross.org.

Also, if you want to donate in some other way, MSN provides this list: http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/citizenship/giving/agencies.asp.

No comments:

Post a Comment