Thursday, August 25, 2005

End of the Summer

Well, the end of the summer is definitely upon us. I can feel it in the cooler temperatures and see it the weakened sunshine. The kids are back from their vacation in Lyon. I'm glad to see them after five weeks. I was starting to think my in-laws were taking over guardianship. However, it also means that I won't be getting very much work done this week while they are at home. They don't start school until next week.

My friend Liz Ryan of WorldWIT said in a recent article that she loves when her kids are out of school for the summer. For her it makes things easier because her schedule is less regimented. I admire her so much because I simply don't know how she does it. She runs a busy organization and has five kids!

However for me, the opposite is true. Having a regimented schedule is the only way I'm able to keep everything together. My two kids have the energy of five kids. Add working on the business, housework and running behind a dog and cat, and my hands are full.

Personally, I can't wait for them to go back to school because then things get back to normal. And I feel guilty for admitting it too. It's okay though because we enjoy our weekends together. But during the week, I desperately need to have order so I can feel like something's getting accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment