Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Meeting Dr. Evil

I guess it's unfair to call him Dr. Evil because he truly is a nice doctor and person to boot. In fact I adore him because he really makes me laugh, and he's very good and letting his patients know that he's on their side. However, when you're trying to lose weight, you're at war! Someone or something has got to be the enemy, and it may as well be the doctor because he's holding you accountable for your actions.

My husband found him on the American Consulate's list of English-speaking doctors. He's a nutritionist and a cardiologist - not a bad combination. My husband went with me to the first appointment, one rainy night a couple of weeks ago. When we sat down, he said, "So why are you 'ere?" French people never pronounce the letter "h." I told him why and he says, "You're not fat. You are curvy, and curvy is good on a woman!" Nice touch!

Our consultation went on and then he asked me where I was from? I told him I was an American from Chicago. He then wanted to know where my parents were from so I told him. Next my grandparents, and I told him. Finally, he asked about my great-grand parents. I said "Your guess is as good as mine. Why do you want to know?"

"Because your skin complexion is exactly like my wife's and she's from Martinique," he said. So I laughed and said, "Well, no family from the Caribbean, but hey, one never knows. " Dr. Evil is a real flirt and my husband is a really good sport about it.

All in all Dr. Evil and I get along pretty great. That's not to say that there are no disagreements, but more on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment